“Hey, where can I find British groceries at the best price in the USA?” This is a very common question often asked by British immigrants, who have moved to the USA. Missing your favorite food is not rare when you are in a different country. But finding it at the best price is not always easy.
Shopping online can solve this problem. Unlike walk-in shopping, online shopping has increased due to our hectic schedules. This lets you shop according to your needs and you don’t have to leave the comfort of home.
Today competition between online stores has increased a lot. So, it can be difficult for some buyers to choose between them. For people who are not familiar with online shopping miss the opportunity to take maximum benefit out of it.
According to our study, what regular online shoppers search for and what new buyers must pay attention to, are these major factors before purchasing online.
Besides customers, online store owners also have to pay attention to these major factors to make your store more convenient for their online customers.
13 reasons why should people buy from you -
- Categorization – Everything starts with the appearance and first impression. If your online store is well categorized, it would be very easy for people to shop in a specific category. It will also help them to find the products easily and saves time.
- Best Prices – For that, you have to market watch and find out the best prices for your products. Price matters a lot to customers. It is also necessary to show them genuine price with no hidden or extra charges. If there are different shipping costs or other charges, that should be mentioned somewhere, so the buyers won’t feel like, they have been fooled.
- Coupons, Discounts& Offers – Most of the online stores are providing discounts and offers to their buyers. You can also target first-time buyers or repeat customers to entice them to make a purchase. Stock Clearance Sale, Festive offers are some ways, in which you can use to increase sales.
- Free Delivery – People love the free delivery of their orders and most stores will provide that. You can also include it as your store feature to attract more customers. If it doesn’t work for you, you can either use fulfillment services, limit free shipping to certain products, or can make it a minimum purchase offer to get free shipping.
- Multipacks – Providing multipacks of products is also a good option. Many people like to stock their groceries in advance. And it also helps customers to save money on bulk buying. It also helps bigger families to shop according to their needs as they have to spend much more on single items.
- Large Stock – Like the walk-in stores, online stores also have a wide variety and range of products. It saves you a lot of time if you have to buy several products from different categories. Unlike walking from section to section and standing in line to check out, you just have to search, select, and add to cart your products and add a payment method and you’re done.
- Various Brands- Online stores help you to manage various brands as it provides you a better approach to reach more customers. Variety in brands also attracts more customers as they get the ease to choose their favorite brands just under one roof.
- Quality – For some people product quality matters more than price. When it comes to food and groceries, you should be careful while selling products. If you provide the best quality products with good ingredients, your chances of getting happy customers will increase.
- Prompt Delivery – ‘Delivery at the Doorstep’ is the best part of online shopping. For local deliveries, many stores provide the same day delivery feature. You can also schedule your delivery time according to the place and type of products. But overall prompt delivery is the thing, for which most customers will choose you again.
- Safe Packaging–When it comes to the packaging of products, no one wants to compromise. Every customer wants his order delivered safely and securely. Poor packaging can not only damage the products while shipping, but it also affects the customer’s trust. Besides that, it will also increase your costs regarding returns and it will cost you more than just money.
- Easy Returns – Many people find difficulty in online purchasing of perishable items as they can’t be tangibly checked. But reputable grocery stores assure the freshness of their stock. But in the rarest case, if it happens, there are flexible and easy return policies available, which helps people by contacting customer service.
- Payment Methods – People expect you to support a variety of payment methods. You can add different payment gateways like Credit Card, Debit card, PayPal, Amazon Pay, to support your customers.
- Security – The thing that all shoppers are most afraid of while shopping online is the lack of security. This is a major factor; every online store owner has to pay attention to it. All trust will fade away if your site is not secure enough for payment protection. People also want their data to be in safe hands. No customers want their personal data stolen or sold.
All these factors will surely help online store owners to increase their customer list.
For online purchasers, if you are looking for a store to purchase British Food & Groceries, check out British Food Supplies.
- Get as much off as you can by blotting (but be sure not to apply pressure or grind the chocolate further into the fibres).
- Run cold water over the back of the stained fabric. If you can't take the clothing off or access a tap, saturate the stain.
- Rub some laundry detergent (or if push comes to shove, washing up liquid) into the stain.
- When you're at home, soak the stain in cold water for 15 minutes, gently rubbing every now and then. Try and get rid of the majority of the stain this way.
- Use your favorite laundry detergent to give it a regular wash (hint, ours is English...), and the stain should be gone! Be sure to check the stain is completely gone before you tumble-dry or iron the garment. If not, repeat the above steps.
PS - Hungry for chocolate? We've got the good stuff here.
What do you get the Brit who has everything? (Because let's face it, if you're a Brit, you already have wit, charm, and an accent enviable by the entire North American continent...what more could you really want??)
A Brown Betty.
Reaching peak popularity in the Victorian Era, Brown Betty teapots were - and still are -created from clay originating in the Stoke-On-Trent area.
Why is it called a Brown Betty? The brown is easy. Traditional Brown Bettys are covered in a Rockingham Glaze, which gives it its brown color. The Betty? Well read what this American anglophile dug up on her blog "Tea in England":
In the 1800’s no self-respecting house in England was run without at least one servant. As “Elizabeth” was a very popular name at that time, odds were that you had a servant named Elizabeth. And Elizabeth – shortened to Betty – would have served the tea. Some believe that the special brown teapot came to be known as a “Betty” or a “Brown Betty“. But no one knows for sure.
Brown Bettys are the most historically English teapot, come with an excellent story, and brew the finest tea. What are you waiting for? Get the perfect gift.
OK, so there's no one way to eat an Easter Egg. What type of Easter Egg eater are you?
- The crusher. You know the ones. They take the beautifully formed, delicate, hollow egg...and they smash it. Efficient? Maybe. Sacrilegious? Definitely. Good thing there's still an egg for the crusher. Check it out here.
- The saver. They just keep that egg sitting around, maybe even unopened, because they're "saving it". Gig's up, savers. We know that you're just trying to torture us. Get them an egg with lots of extras (so there's less chance of them noticing when you pinch some).
- The chiller. "It's better in the fridge" says the family member with teeth like a shark, apparently. Get them something compact, otherwise there won't be room for your actual shopping.
- The planner. We know that all you want for Easter is to sit on the sofa with your chocolate, but for the loved on in your life that just won't sit down, save yourself some grief. No more stuffing eggs with this beauty of an Easter Egg Hunt Set.
Whatever the type, we have an egg for everyone in your life. Browse the entire collection here.
Over the years, Christmas puddings have evolved from a fasting meal, to plum pudding, to what is eaten today.
Today, English Christmas puddings are made from dried fruits held together by egg and suet. They are often moistened with treacle and molasses and contain spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Christmas puddings have a high alcohol content, which keeps them from going bad as they are aged anywhere from a month to a year.
Christmas puddings are traditionally dried in a cloth, which is the reason for the cloth wrapping on some brands of modern day puds. They are commonly served with a rum sauce. A slightly less common accessory is a coin baked inside the pudding; whoever receives the coin in their serving is blessed with luck in the next year!
Get your Christmas pudding and start a new tradition this year!
Fun Fact - Presidents' Day isn't really about all of the past Presidents of the United States.
There's a long history behind it, but the gist is this: In 1971, President Nixon combined George Washington's Birthday (February 22nd), Abraham Lincoln's Birthday (February 12th), and the country's desire to have more long weekends (we're not pulling your leg, take a look) into one nationally recognized holiday - Presidents' Day.
So why should us brits be arsed? Well, here are more fun facts...
1) George Washington condemned the Boston Tea Party. He was a tea-lover just like us!! (OK, so that's not the real reason, but still, we'll count it as a win)
2) Lots of historians think that George Washington was one of the first people to have a blended English/American accent, taking hints of a West Country accent and combining it with elements of the modern day Southern American accent. All of us British-born-American-raised hybrids can sympathize with this struggle!
3) Abraham Lincoln's hat is a well known symbol of his presidency. Less well known? An Englishman was responsible for the design that inspired Abe's American hat maker. Trend setters from the start.
4) It is rumored that Mary Todd Lincoln often used to send her sons to fetch Abe from his office for afternoon tea breaks. See? Full circle. It always comes back to tea.
Point is, it's wonderful to live in the United States and maintain such deep ties to the UK, so why not embrace Presidents' Day and mix in a little bit of British charm? Shop with us this Presidents' Day weekend and use the promo code PRESIDENT for 15% off your entire order!
Think of it as our gift to America.